Sunday, December 28, 2008

Slow News Day


This was in Sunday's NY Daily News:

LONG ISLAND TEENAGER ACCUSED OF DRIVING HIGH ON DRUGS, WHILE PASSENGER VOMITED OUT WINDOW

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Sunday, December 28th 2008, 10:31 AM

FARMINGVILLE, N.Y. A Long Island teenager has been accused of driving with one car door open and a passenger vomiting out a window.

Suffolk County highway patrol officers say the 17-year-old Nesconset (nes-KON’-set) resident was high on drugs when he was arrested Saturday morning. They say his 15-year-old passenger was leaning out the window of the open door while throwing up.

An officer stopped the car in Farmingville around 3 a.m.

The driver has been charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, driving while impaired by drugs and endangering the welfare of a child.

The passenger has been turned over to a guardian. Child welfare authorities have been notified.



Informative from the get go, "the 17-year-old Nesconset (nes-KON’-set) resident..." The whole time I was pronouncing "Nesconset" just as it's spelt and now I finally know that I was correct.

What's wrong with these LI teenagers? Smoking weed, driving, puking? Just the thought of teenagers acting like this make ME want to vomit. Where are their parents and church leaders? How does something like this happen in America?

Well at least I know where to party in Long Island. My only fear is that this Daily News story will alert the rest of the tri-state area about Mad Phat Farmingville and the place will be totally played-out in no time. Like Seattle, after Grunge.

Thanks NY Daily news, it's reporting like this that will truly keep newspapers from becoming obsolete.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

being from Long Island I did some vomitting myself. Never in Farmingville but a few times in Farmingdale. The Olympia to Farmingville's Seattle.

Heath said...

Awesomely enough, when I was 16 years old I was beaten with a baseball bat by a crack-selling Posse in Farmingville in the parking lot of a King Kullen.
True story.

Thanks for bringing that painful chapter of my history up, Furthest Point. I thought you had my back.

Dool said...

If the NY Daily News needs another story I could report "The Furthest Point" blog to the Suffolk County Police for posting the video clip, "Mikaerika teen party girl."

Unknown said...

Did you read the story about the girl who stole something?