Monday, April 21, 2008

Bill Irwin

From time to time I'll be posting information about Bill Irwin. This will continue until I feel that you, the reader, will leave with a fair to impressive knowledge of the man.

Some Bill Irwin FAQ's:
Is he that guy that can like squeeze himself into a trunk? Like circus stuff?
-Yes

Was he in the 1980 Robert Altman 'Popeye' film?
-Yes

Could you categorize him as an actor, dancer, performance artist, vaudeville clown, producer, director, writer, and choreographer?
-Yes

Was he in the 'Don't Worry be Happy' video with Bobby McFerrin and Robin Williams?
-Yes

Am I close to knowing everything?
-Not even close pal.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did I miss my chance to hang out with him in a bar in rural Ohio in 1990 by mere seconds?
-You bet your sweet contortionist ass I did.

so'c said...

katie c - Little did you know he was just about to begin his role as Buzz Harely in 'Hot Shots!'

Unknown said...

I passed him on the street mttering to himself and leering at the ladie. He wasn't wearing those big pants though.

soapy t said...

is he related to bindi?

so'c said...

law & order - I'm pretty sure that wasn't him because he's always wearing those pants.

soapy t - No he's not related, but I do believe if he ever encountered a croc that his circus training and basic contortion skills would give him a fighting chance.