Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Rose is a Rose




I've never been a fan of Charlie Rose. By the looks of his set (plain dark background, simple wooden table and chairs) you'd think that you were about to get a very intimate interview. Wrong. His half-glazed stare and somewhat irksome look reminds me of a meeting I had with my guidance counselor in the 12th grade.

This was the first time we had ever met but it only took him an astounding 2 minutes to fully understand me as person an advise me on the right path to start my life...with the phone company.

I found this to be funny and informed him that I love phones and use one at home, but I was afraid of falling off the telephone pole and dying. His reply was, "They have other jobs there Kevin, behind a desk for instance."

What a guy. And my name wasn't, and still isn't, Kevin.

Anyway, back to Charlie boy. What's even more irritating than a Charlie Rose interview? How about Rose interviewing Rose? Enjoy...or don't. It's kinda good and bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best moment?

"Steve is not happy with the process so far."


What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Tommy